A Dance with Seduction by Alyssa Alexander



Meet the Author:


Despite being a native Michigander, Alyssa Alexander is pretty certain she belongs somewhere sunny. And tropical. Where drinks are served with little paper umbrellas. But until she moves to those white sandy beaches, she survives the cold Michigan winters by penning romance novels that always include a bit of adventure. She lives with her own set of heroes, aka an ever-patient husband who doesn’t mind using a laundry basket for a closet, and a small boy who wears a knight in a shining armor costume for such tasks as scrubbing potatoes.

Connect: Site | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads

About the Book:


She was the only code he couldn't break...

Vivienne Le Fleur is one of London’s most sought after opera dancer and one of England’s best weapons: the spy known as the Flower. When a French agent pressures her to change allegiance by abducting her sister, Vivienne is forced to seek the help of the only man in London who doesn’t want her.

Maximilian Westwood, retired code breaker, doesn't like surprises or mysteries and The Flower is both. When she sneaks into his study in the middle of the night with a coded message, he’s ready to push her out whatever window she arrived through. Except Maximilian is unable to turn away a woman in trouble. Determined to rescue Vivienne’s sister, they engage in a game of cat and mouse with French spies that requires all of Vivienne’s training and Maximilian’s abilities. Bound together by secrecy, they discover there is more between them than politics and hidden codes, but love has no place among the secrets of espionage...

Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo

Add to Goodreads


Giveaway:

  • Entangled Historical Romance Tea Time Basket
  • Selection of Entangled Select Historical Books
  • Tea Cup & Saucer Set
  • Tea Sampler
a Rafflecopter giveaway





6 Feet Under Books Top 5 Post


Alyssa Alexander here today, with my Top 5 books. This is a toughy for me, as I have lots of favorites. Some are old and some are new, so I’m going to give you a mixture of both. If you haven’t read the new ones, DO, and if you haven’t read the old ones, DOUBLE DO.

I know everyone says Whitney, My Love is one of their favorite books. I’m going to say the same. If you have not read this book, go buy it now. It is a quintessential historical romance, though different from those of today.  

Another old fav is A Woman of Substance. It’s not necessarily a romance, but it is a story about a woman and her need to keep everything she can safe from harm. That’s a big ol’ burden when you own pretty much everything. Reading Emma Harte’s story was one of the greatest pleasures and learning experiences of my life. Women are strong, no matter what.

Now for a newer book. If you haven’t picked up Katharine Ashe’s The Earl, do. It’s part of a larger series and I love the characters. Colin and Lady Justice (oh, you need to read the whole series to understand her!) are a fantastic match for each other. And very long in the making!

Number Four harks back to my childhood:  I hit that age, as I imagine many avid readers do, when my reading level was higher than what I should read. The Babysitter’s Club and Sweet Valley High were huge when I was a tween/teen, and all I could think was “this is it?!?” My mother turned me onto Victoria Holt, Mary Stewart, Phyllis Whitney and Jane Aiken Hodge. Their books were full of suspense, romance, adventure—but clean. Nothing hot beyond a kiss, so they were still OK for a 13 year old girl who couldn’t bear to read what her friends read. Watch The Wall, My Darling by Jane Aiken Hodge was and is a favorite of mine. I still reread my ancient first edition about once a year.

Last in my Top 5 books is Outlander. Well, the entire series. I love Claire, Jamie and the rest of the gang. They’ve become old friends to me now, and seeing them on the screen has been fun. Mostly Jamie, of course, but I might be a tad bit in love!


Comments