Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Beast by A Zavarelli


Blurb

Once upon a time, I believed in fairytales.

But then he took me.

And he taught me that life isn’t a fairytale.

He is scarred. Broken.

A dark and wild thing.

His beauty is violent and his words are cruel.

His heart is a shadowed landscape where nothing can grow.

He tells me he could never care for me, and he proves it every day.

He’s destroyed my life.

Tortured me.

And worse…

He’s trained me to beg for his affection.

This prison is a place where sunlight doesn’t reach.

He taught me that hate is born in darkness.

And then he taught me that sometimes love is too.


3.5 Stars

I'm torn with this book. Yes, it's DARK, like pitch black dark. Like midnight dark. But there were parts that I really liked. Maybe I'm sick and twisted too. 

Isabella is a singer, she is on tour when her dad goes missing. No one knows anything and then she goes missing too. She knows the man doing this to her. She knows all about him and what he has done in the past. It's not pretty or nice. Can she survive? Not just physically, but mentally too?

Javi will have Bella to kill her father. The man who turned him into the beast that he is. Javi will corrupt and pollute Bella into a monster who only loves him. He will break her down, he will build her up. He will be her everything. Nothing and no one else will matter. Just him. The pieces around Bella and Javi begin to fall away, the past is brought forward. Can they survive? Will Bella still want Javi? Or have things gone too far?



This is a hard book to read. He does some pretty twisted stuff to Bella and other people. At one point I felt like I was sucker punched and about to toss my cookies. It was just so dark. But then the upswing, made it better. This book is seriously bi-polar. This book made me react and made me think, which is what a good book should do. Did I love it? No. Did I hate it? No. I'm right in the middle, wondering WTF. But in a good way.


No comments:

Post a Comment