Count on Me by Abigail Graham


Blurb



4.5 Stars

My mind is reeling from reading this book.  Just when I thought I had things figured out, something would send me in a different direction trying to figure out what the hell was going on.  I loved it.  There was no guessing, until close to the end, when I finally figured it all out like Roxanne!

Roxanne is on the run, she might have finally slipped everyone with this last trip, especially since the plane goes down and she survives.  With a fellow survivor, they make a trek thru the countryside looking for help.  Help is NOT what Roxanne finds.  She finds a man who both desires her and can't stand the sight of her.  Something in her tells her, he wants her more than he can fight her.  Yet, there is something lingering in her mind, something familiar about him, the castle, the people, everything.  Can she figure it out in time?  Or will she be forever bound to this land?

Conrad is ready to send Roxanne packing before she even steps foot into his castle.  She can't be here.  She needs to go home.  Far away from him and what is his curse, his life, his undoing.  She is too innocent in all this.  Not this time.  She has to leave, no matter how bad it hurts him.  But can he let her go?  Can he release her? 



This is a great paranormal book that spans time.  I wasn't sure what was going on right away, I wasn't sure of the people either.  My first impression, Conrad is a jerk and needs to be smacked down, but then I grew to love him.  To love how he cherished and took care of Roxanne and his 3 children.  It was his burden to bare and he wasn't going to let anyone take that from him, because this was a test for him.  So good!

Comments