National Tolkien Reading Day



What a fun day to celebrate!  National Tolkien Reading Day!

Have you ever read any of his books?  I can honestly say I have not.  I've seen the movies based off his books, but never read one.  I have them.  I bought them all.  Something keeps me from reading them, maybe because I watched the movies?  Or they just don't strike my fancy right now?  Or the best answer, I'm lazy about it.  I'm a book hoarder and these are classics that I wanted in my collection.  Yep, that's the 100% truth right freaking there.

How many books has Tolkien written?  The Hobbit, The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, The Return of the King, and that's about it for me.  He has however penned 40+ books!  His Aunt Jane's farm, Big End, inspired him, along with his travels through Switzerland, South Africa and other places.

He and I share a birthday, just many, many years apart....January 3rd.  Fate, I tells ya!

So grab a copy at your local library, download a copy to your Kindle, borrow from a friend!  Either way cozy up with a delightful adventure from Tolkien.  I myself, will probably just watch a movie and call it a day.

Comments