Today's author spotlight is on Isabelle Peterson.
I was lucky enough to meet Mrs. Peterson last year at the Unmask The Romance
Author Event. She was the first author I met at the event.
This was also my first author event.
She popped my author cherry and it was amazing!! Thank you.
10 Questions with the lovely and talented Mrs. Peterson
Here we go!!
1. What inspired your new novel 245 Days?
Seriously - was grocery shopping and saw an interaction between 2 men - that scene hit the proverbial "cutting room floor" as I couldn't work it out - but an older guy and a younger man - both wearing UConn Sweatshirts. When I was headed down the next aisle - the story burst to mind.
2. Who was your favorite character to write, Ashely or Taylor or someone else?
Hmm... Tough to say. Probably Taylor's honest edge. He's more like me. I do like Ashley's more "polished" ways though.
3. What was the hardest scene to write? And why?
Taylor breaking the news to his parents. I cannot know the terror of telling those you love most that their dreams of their son finding a woman to fall in love with and make babies with...I'm a woman and I married & made babies with a man. I've read dozens and dozens of days due to reading blogs of young men and women with their reveals. Gut Wrenching. My heart and hugs go out to all young men and women who cannot tell their parents b/c they are LGBTQ. Love is love. I've ALWAYS believed that since before it was a movement.
(seriously - days lost to writing because I was reading)
4. Who is the hottie on the cover?
I have no idea. The photo credit goes tokiuikson
but I cannot find the model's name!!!!
5. How long did it take you to write this amazing book?
This book took me 8 months - took a 4 month break in the middle ;)
6. Do you read book reviews for your books? Good and Bad?
I read EVERY review. The Good. The Bad. And the Ugly. I can't learn as an author if I don't know what i do wrong.
7. What did you edit out of this book?
Crap. Timeline issues that didn't help anything. I'd had a bookmark for this one scene in Ashley's Tesla... but... it was after the weekend in Boston & just too much... if you've already read the story - you can imagine what & why it was too much.8. What's up for you next?
I have 3 in the works: an MF Second Chance Romance... an MM GFY... and a North Meets South...
9. What does literary success look like to you?
Happy Readers. If I make a list - awesome. If I don't - no worries. If I have happy readers, that's all I need. Nothing makes me happier than finding a new review or message via Facebook or email from a reader my book has affected.
10. Give us a day in the life of Isabelle Peterson - please
- -Hubby leaves for work in Manhattan. I usually pull his pillow over my head after he's kissed me and my boobies goodbye.
- shove the Daughterout the door so she doesn't incur another tardy. Cue up the recorded Good Morning America ... fast-forward through the commercials. I also catchup on Facebook stuff at this time.
- - get dressed & walk the dog. She's a 9.5 pound Shih Tzu. She loves long walks in the morning. I let her take all the turns. Some days she'll lead me a mile and a half, sometimes she'll take us on a 5-mile walk. On my walks, I'm either thinking of Plot or listening to Podcasts. I follow Authoring and Screenplay writing podcasts.
- - Writing. Always Writing. With the exception of some "research." These are my hours. (But every other at this point, getting immunotherapy shots for allergies.)
- - writing mixed with family stuff. Cleaning & Making dinnerkind of things.
- - definitely dinner stuff, prep, cooking, etc... eating...cleaning up after dinner...
- Walking that dang dog again <3 - this time with my Hubby. I talk to him about his day, and he asks me about the plots of my stories.Shorter walk than the mornings though.
- - head to bed - and read on Kindle until ... ... ...??? depends on the book.
245 DAYS by Isabelle Peterson
Genre: MM Romance
Ashley Brennan, son of a luxury hotel chain billionaire, is happy consulting and teaching business. Moving from California to an opportunity in Connecticut at the prestigious New England University, Ashley takes it to escape a string of bad luck in the romance department. Meeting Taylor at the off campus bar, The Library, Ashley feels his luck may be changing.
Taylor Davis is nearing the end of his college career and looking forward to moving out west, escaping the cold winters of the North and possibly the judgement of his parents, who don’t yet know his sexual orientation. After only a handful of brief “relationships,” Taylor’s not so sure love is in the cards for him, until he meets Ashley. Everything with Ashley feels so comfortable, so natural.
When Ashley and Taylor put together that Ashley is Taylor’s professor, how will they make it 245 Days to the end of the school year when Taylor graduates and is no longer off limits? And even if they can make it to the end of the year, will everything else in their lives still line up?
Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2kXgj2T
Amazon CA: bit.ly/245daysca
Amazon UK: bit.ly/245daysuk
Amazon AU: bit.ly/245daysau
Barnes & Noble: bit.ly/245daysNook
Excerpt from 245 Days:
Just then, a familiar voice rang through the classroom and my attention was directed to the front.
“Good afternoon and welcome to Business 101. If this is not where you’re supposed to be, I won’t be offended if you leave.” I sat stunned and eyes pinned to the man in front of the room; disbelief rushing through me. “I’m Ashley Brennan,” he continued. “Before you go snickering about my name, I like it.” The class laughed along with him (or at him), as I sat stunned out of my mind, my heart pounded wildly in my chest, and my dick reacting with an outrageous response all his own. Ashley? He was teaching this class? He was ‘A. Brennan’? I thought he was in business and marketing? Oooooh… Then it dawned on me. He teaches business and marketing.
I felt like I couldn’t breathe, and I definitely couldn’t take my eyes off of him. He looked fucking incredible in a green and blue checked, button-down shirt with a blue tie. He wore slim fitting dark pants and I was torn between wanting him to turn around so I could see his ass in those pants, and needing him to stay facing me so I could take in his drop-dead, gorgeous face again; the face—as well as other things—that I couldn’t get out of my mind since leaving his house late last night. Those serious eyes behind the horn-rimmed glasses. And how fucking hot he looked without the glasses. And that jaw of his…that angular jaw with a little less stubble than last night. I found myself wondering what he’d look like with a few days growth, and what he’d look like freshly shaven.
“A little background about me,” he continued, his eyes sweeping the class of nearly fifty students as he smiled. When his eyes landed on me, they skidded to a halt and his cool appearance faltered. He licked his lips and took a breath before pulling his eyes from mine and continuing. I was simply riveted. This felt like an out of body experience. Like any minute now I was going to wake up. “Um, where was I? Right. I’m new to this school, but come to you with an MBA from UCLA’s Anderson School of Business and a couple years of teaching at Stanford. I’m covering for Professor Redding; some of you may have signed up for her class, but she’s out on maternity leave, due in just a few weeks, but I promise to do my best and honor her reputation. In addition to teaching this class, I am teaching three other classes and I consult for a couple of companies in the area. Why teach? Why not just consult and manage hedge funds? you may ask. While there is big money there, and it’s exciting, well, I have a knack for teaching, and I enjoy it.” When he said enjoy, his eyes flew right to mine, and I swear, I stopped breathing.
I quickly glanced to my right and left to see if anyone else noticed that Ashley…Mr. Brennan…was looking at me.
All about Isabelle Peterson!
Twitter, Pinterest & Instagram: @izzykpeterson