A Veil of Vines



GoodReads  * AmazonUS

Blurb
To most people, princes, princesses, counts and dukes are found only in the pages of the most famous of fairytales. Crowns, priceless jewels and gilded thrones belong only in childhood dreams.
But for some, these frivolous fancies are truth. 
For some, they are real life. 
On Manhattan’s Upper East Side, people have always treated me as someone special. All because of my ancestral name and legacy. All because of a connection I share to our home country’s most important family of all.
I am Caresa Acardi, the Duchessa di Parma. A blue blood of Italy. I was born to marry well. And now the marriage date is set. 
I am to marry into House Savona. The family that would have been the royals had Italy not abolished the monarchy in 1946. But to the aristocrats of my home, the abolition means nothing at all.
The Savonas still hold power where it counts most.
In our tight-knit world of money, status and masked balls, they are everything and more. 
And I am soon to become one of them.
I am soon to become Prince Zeno Savona’s wife…
… or at least I was, until I met Achille. 
And everything changed.


*Standalone Contemporary Romance


4 Stars


This was a roller coaster ride of emotions!  One minute I'm like run away, be free, the next
I'm sobbing because she can't leave!  The torture of this book is unreal.

Ceresa is going to become the Queen.  Well, just in title, because the monarchy was
abolished years ago.  Some traditions die hard, this is one of them, along with 
arranged marriages, to keep things running smoothly.
Off she goes to Italy to reunite with a boy she met as a child, Zeno.
Now a playboy and a man-child.  He hasn't grown up.
Left her on her own, she learns the land, the people, and the wine.  
Her new friend Achille, is her constant companion.
He is a simple man, with simple needs.
Ceresa is one of those needs.

It can't work.  She is to be Queen and he, well he is a 
simple wine maker, with simple needs.

Secrets are revealed and you learn the truth.
Ceresa doesn't want to marry Zeno no more then he wishes to marry her.
But what other option do they have?
It's arranged!
It's days away!
Nothing can be done! 
NOTHING!

I feel in love Achille, from the moment Ceresa met him.
A man of few words.
Of many strengths.
He is just amazing.



Comments