Author Spotlight on Laura Barnard





Today's Author Spotlight is on Laura Barnard, she's the author of Heath, Cliff, and Wamdering Hearts. Check it out if you get a chance.

Thank you Mrs. Barnard for taking the time to answer my questions.



A day in the life of you....

I drop my daughter off at school, rush back home and dive straight into writing when I should really be doing some housework first. Depending on how late I've been up the previous night I'll occassionally have a cheeky nap around lunchtime, then back to pick up my daughter at 3.15pm. Then its full on family time until about 8pm when I get the laptop out again.




Favorite music to listen to while writing?

I love listening to old school garage while writing.


What inspires you? 

I get a lot of my ideas from wacky dreams I have. I also like to draw on ideas in the media, gossip I hear from friends and wondering what if.


Advice to your younger self about writing? 

To not be so scared - you'll do fine.


Who was/is your favorite character to write?

I have always liked writing Poppy and Jazz from my Debt & Doormat series - they're both so ridiculous that I end up chuckling as I go.


What are you currently reading?

 I'm reading No Pants Required by Kim Karr. I saw it reviewed on a blog I follow and its the perfect mix of sexy and humour. I have competition!



Favorite Author? 

I used to say Sophie Kinsella or Lindsey Kelk, but now I'm excited to say that its two of my friends. I love LP Lovell's dark writing and for chick lit I love Kat French.



Laura Barnard lives in Hertfordshire, UK and writes romantic comedy or 'chick lit' as its so often described. In her spare time she enjoys drinking her body weight in tea, indulging in cupcakes the size of her face and drooling over hunks like Jamie Dornan, Ryan Gosling and Leo Dicaprio.

She enjoys wearing yoga pants and reading fitness magazines while sitting on the sofa eating chocolate. She's a real fan of the power nap and of course READING!

She writes not to get rich or famous, but because she LOVES writing. Even if one person tells her they enjoyed her book it makes the midnight typing worth it!

Connect with Laura Barnard


Website * FaceBook * Twitter * GoodReads * Instagram * Pinterst

Comments