Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Hereafter - Blog Tour





Title: The Hereafter
Author: Jessica Bucher
Release Date: March 16, 2016

Amazon | B&N | Kobo | TBD | iBooks | Indies

Nin has no recollection of her death.
The things she does remember, like her cruel boyfriend, troubled father, and absent mother, she’d like to forget.
Dylan doesn’t need to remember his death to know that he deserved it. Who needs memories when you have the scars?
Sparks ignite when the two, very different, strangers meet. Together they spend one endless summer exploring their new world. Suddenly, their after-lives hold more possibility and promise than their tragic teenage lives ever did.
But no dream lasts forever, and all too soon, harmful memories from their pasts emerge and threaten to tear them apart. Given the chance to change their fates, Nin and Dylan must decide– life or love.
Weaving through past and present and alternating perspectives, The Hereafter is an emotional journey about young love and second chances.
Goodreads
Enter the Rafflecopter Giveaway here!
EXCERPT
“Is this really all there is? I had an entire life, and I lost it all just to come here and sit alone on some stupid beach? There will be nothing new for me. I will never grow old or get married. I will never travel the world. I will never have children. I will never learn anything new or meet anyone new or fall in love or make mistakes or grow in any way.” Her voice cracked, “I will never become anything. So tell me, Dylan, what the hell is the point in even being here at all?”
Time froze between them, and the tension became as thick as the sand between their fingers. He didn’t pity Nin anymore, but he also didn’t agree with her. How could she say she would never learn or grow? He suddenly became desperate to prove her wrong





I love deserted island questions. I always assume that it's the kind of deserted island with some pre-existing tree forts, like in Hook. Beaches and tree forts. And I get to take three books?! It really doesn't sound so bad. The three books I'd bring with me would have to be...
1. A blank book. I would go out of my mind without something to write on, and surely I could fashion a pencil out of a coconut.
2. My book, The Hereafter. I've spent so long with the characters of this book. I could use the company.
And 3. I'd be fool to willingly put myself on a deserted island without bringing some sort of survival guidebook, right? Is there a Castaway for Dummies? I'd take that. 

Thanks for the great questions! And thanks for having me!

No comments:

Post a Comment