Thursday, June 2, 2016

In the Shadow of the Dragon King - Blog Tour - Guest Post





Purchase Links:









In the Shadow of the Dragon King by J. Keller Ford
Release Date: May 31, 2016
Publisher: Month9Books


Seventeen-year-old, Eric, is a kick-butt squire to the most revered knight in Fallhollow. Well he would be if Sir Trogsdill allowed him to do anything even remotely awesome. Determined to prove his worth, Eric sets out to find the mythical paladin summoned to protect the realm from the evil lurking nearby.

Sixteen-year-old, David, spends his days collecting school honors, winning archery tournaments, and trying not to fall in love with his scrappy best friend, Charlotte.

Right when things start to get interesting, he is whisked away to the magical realm of Fallhollow where everyone thinks he's some sort of paladin destined to fulfill a two-hundred-year-old prophecy. He's supposed to help kill a dragon with some sort of magic key. The same key that happens to adorn the neck of an annoying squire who's too wrapped up in proving himself to be much help to anyone.

With egos as big as the dragon they need to destroy, Eric and David must get over themselves, or watch everything they know and love, burn.



Writes a "day in the life" of post.
When I was asked to write about a day in the life of me, I laughed and suddenly felt great pity for the readers of this post.
I wish I could say I live this elaborate writer’s life with the perfect writing room in the perfect writing cabin in the perfect writing setting, but alas … I do not.
I live on the west coast of Florida about fifteen minutes from the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico. To me, it is paradise and I must say I am blessed to have seen some of the most amazing sunsets EVER while sitting out there on the white sandy beaches.
For me, a typical day begins at 6am. I’m showered, dressed and fed, usually by 6:30 which leaves me about 1 ½ hours to write or edit before I have to leave for work. Of course, my work goes with me on a thumb drive so when lunchtime comes around, I can pop it in my computer and write/edit some more for an hour.
At the end of my “work” day at 5:30, I arrive home, and set about making dinner, washing clothes, yacking with the family, taking the dog for a walk, yada yada. I might watch a show, but I’m really not a huge t.v. person. Wednesday nights have been dubbed “game night”, and the games of choice are usually Scrabble, Pictionary and Tabu (though Monopoly, Othello and backgammon do make their way into the mix now and then). The rest of the nights, I return to my computer around 8PM to do my social media thing for about ½ hour and then I settle into writing until 12 am or so. Then I go to bed and start the routine all over again for another 4 days a week.
Weekends are ‘get out and do things’ days. I might bike ride a nature trail, maybe go to an amusement park to ride roller coasters, head out to the beach to shell hunt. Or sometimes I just get out and walk with my pup. There’s something about being outside in the sun and the air that clears the mind and refreshes the spirit. I also love attending live theater, going to museums and traveling – finding cool, out of the way places that fuel the imagination. And of course, whenever I can find time to write, that’s what I do.
When I’m not writing or editing or doing family stuff, I’m reading and listening to smooth jazz. Sometimes, if a book is really, really good, I’ll stay up all night to finish it. Of course my eyes are bloodshot the next day, and my vision blurry, but more times than not, the self-induced sleep deprivation was worth it.
So there you have it. A life in the day of me. It’s not glamorous. There’s nothing about it that’s perfect. I’m not hob-nobbing with the rich and famous, and I don’t live a ritzy lifestyle. But I’m healthy, I have a family that loves me, (and I them), sweet fur babies that I adore, and the time to pursue my most beloved hobby – writing.  What more could I want?   I hope each of you find the time to pursue that thing that tugs at your soul and ignites your spirit. Life is too short to not follow your heart. 










J. Keller Ford (known to all as Jenny) is a scribbler of Young Adult and New Adult speculative fiction. As a young Army brat, she traveled the world and wandered the halls of some of Germany’s most extraordinary castles in hopes of finding snarky dragons, chivalrous knights and wondrous magic that permeated her imagination. What she found remains etched in her topsy-turvy mind and oozes out in sweeping tales of courage, sacrifice, honor and everlasting love.

When not torturing her keyboard or trying to silence the voices in her head, Jenny spends time collecting seashells, bowling, swimming, screaming on roller coasters and traveling. Jenny is a mom to four magnificent and noble offspring, and currently lives in paradise on the west coast of Florida with a quirky knight who was silly enough to marry her, and a menagerie of royal pets. Published works include short stories, The Amulet of Ormisez, Dragon Flight, and The Passing of Millie Hudson. IN THE SHADOW OF THE DRAGON KING is her debut novel and the first installment in the Chronicles of Fallhollow Trilogy.








No comments:

Post a Comment