Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Don't Wake the Dead - Release Blitz - Guest Post







My name is Zoe Thorne and I'm just an ordinary woman. My life is mundane, and that's perfectly fine with me; I work a boring job, watch TV, read books, and sleep alone. There's nothing special about me.

Except that I can see ghosts.

After suffering years of rejection due to my freakish ability, I'm determined to hide my "gift" from others. That is until I meet Malachi Flemming and his peculiar yet amusing friends. Mal hosts a paranormal web show titled The Wraith Files and when he discovers my talent, he offers me a job. Well, offer may not be the right word.

He won't take no for an answer.

One night, we stumble across a spirit on the side of a deserted, country road. He seems lost and scared, convinced someone murdered him. Mal's interest is piqued and he insists on helping me investigate the accident. The deeper we dig, the clearer it becomes that the killer doesn't want us to discover the truth.

Desperate people will go to any lengths to keep their secrets buried. Sometimes it's best not to wake the dead unless you plan to join them.








Add it to your Goodreads TBR here!










A Day in the Life of C.C.

When Amy asked me to tell you about a day in my life, I warned her that it would be boring. Also, there are days that I lose into the black holes of time titled Facebook and Pinterest. I love social media, but I have a hard time not letting it distract me.
Anyway, here's what my typical day looks like when my Lil Bit goes to preschool. On the days she's at home...well, there is no schedule. There's a routine, but it includes very little writing and rushing to take a shower while she naps.
On school days, I get up at 6:30. Okay, more like 7:15 because I usually sleep through my alarm.
Once the Lil Bit is ready and I drop her off at school, I try to write for a few hours. Sometimes I have writing dates with Magan Vernon and Yara Greathouse, two romance authors who live about 15 minutes from me. I call them writing dates, but we usually end up talking shop the whole time and eating yummy food.
After my writing marathons, I pick the Lil Bit up from school and feed her a second lunch because she's a bottomless pit. We play for a bit and then she takes a nap. While she's napping, I read, write, or spend some time taking care of my social media stuff...so, basically I goof off.
When my daughter wakes up, we play, make dinner, do bath time, and veg out in my bed while watching cartoons. I used to write a lot more when she was awake, but it's become damn near impossible to write sex scenes because my three year old is normally hanging off me like a monkey and yelling at me.
So, there you have it...a day in the life of an indie author. It's not glamorous and there are days I don't get to shower until three in the afternoon, but I love it. To all you readers out there, thank you for buying, sharing, and reading my books. You make my typical days possible.

Smoochies,

C.C.



a Rafflecopter giveaway






A native Texan, C.C. grew up either reading or playing the piano.  Years later, she’s still not grown up and doing the same things.  Since the voices in her head never shut up, C.C. decided to share their crazy stories and started writing books.

Now that she has a baby girl at home, C.C.’s non-writing time is usually spent cleaning up poopy diapers or feeding the poop machine.  Sometimes she teaches piano, cooks, or spends time bugging her hubby and two beagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment