Thursday, March 17, 2016

Salvation - book review




Blurb
A chance meeting turned my world inside out. 

Intelligent, sexy, and rich. With a dash of roguish charm and a cocksure smile, Nathan Blake is the ultimate fantasy. He can have any woman he wants with only a glance. 
And he wants me. 

My past has left me broken and humiliated, wary of men like him. 
I cut myself off from the pain, moving thousands of miles away to escape every reminder, determined to start anew. 
I’ve been second best before. It isn't happening again. 

One kiss and I'm caught under his spell, drawn to him with every breath I take. 
I can't resist. 
The passion that explodes between us becomes an intense connection neither of us thought we'd share. Or need. 

The suffering inside me reflects his – a pain I know he feels, but can’t bring himself to reveal. 

I have no idea his love can heal me – that mine can heal him… 
…if only I can let down my guard for him and trust. 

Salvation is a captivating story of finding, fighting and finally giving in to a love that is clearly meant to be. This is no ordinary billionaire romance - it is a beautifully tender, tastefully erotic story with twists and turns that will leave you wanting more. 

Warning: This work of fiction is intended for mature audiences over the age of 18 due to the sexual content and explicit language used throughout. Parental/reader discretion is advised.

Please note that even though this book is set in the USA, it is written from the POV of the female lead who is English, therefore British English vocabulary and spelling has been used. 



3.5 Stars

what to say....I don't want to give anything away. 

Kara came to the US to escape some memories and to make some news ones. What she didn't bargain for was losing her heart to Nate Blake. A smooth talker, brilliant business man, family man, and amazing lover. He's the whole package, right? YEAH!! But just like Kara he has secrets too. Only his secrets aren't killing the trust they are building. At least not yet. But if Kara doesn't get her shit together, she'll be an even bigger mess than she is. 

Nate Blake, finally a male character who has his shit together. He's not perfect by any means, but he knows what he wants and doesn't play games. That's Kara. I couldn't warm up to Kara, maybe it's because she is British, or childish in some regards. I found myself wanting Nate to just ditch her and go for Mai. Then @ 75% I was starting to like Kara, but then she pulled the rubbish of not telling him she was going home to England. She just sprung it on him, like oh by the way I have a dentist appt tomorrow. This is big, she's leaving for awhile. If you want to build a relationship with him, like Kara insists, she needs to open up and be honest with him. 

The story is a little slow at the beginning but then picks up and rolls to the end.   I loved the story of Kara and Nate.  There is a cliff hanger, so you need to prepare yourself for that!!  There is a 
Heal Me 1.5.  I'll be picking that up this afternoon to read.

Give Nate and Kara a try.  Like I said, he isn't your typical big buck Alpha male.  
He wants to pursue you.  
LET HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment