Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Make Me Believe - Book Review



Once again I need to say - yeah for Kindle Unlimited!  Kindle Unlimited is now
one of my top 5 favorite things in life.  My one friend just got bumped down to #6 -
sorry girl,  you know I love you!  

I love when I get recommendations to read books.  Especially from people I trust.
This book along with several others were posted in a group I belong too.
They were pimping each other out!  
I love that too!!
Anyhow, I snagged this book and three other's to read and review.

I just finished this book, but I'm not ready to give it up yet.
I had a slow love affair with Daniel, who at the beginning gave me the 
willies and NOT in a good way.  But with each page, with each word
I grew to lust after him. 
Yes, I am aware that he is a fictional character,  but c'mon
Karen Ferry had to base him off someone right?  Right!
For now, Daniel is my Book Boyfriend.  He is
the Alpha in my Book Boyfriend corral.

#GettingDirtyWithDaniel #GeeksRule


Blurb:

Sometimes, a chance meeting is just the push you need in order to break free from the darkness within…

My name is Emma, I’m 23, and I’ve never been kissed. I’m no virgin…But kissing is too intimate, too intense, and I don’t want that – not ever. I like sex, though, and most of my hook-ups don’t seem to mind the no-kissing part. 

But then I meet Daniel, who’s such a geek, and definitely not the kind of guy I’d normally take an interest to. He’s the shy, quiet type, but with such a charming smile, and he makes my heart race – something I’ve never experienced before. 

Daniel has his own issues to work through, and I know my hardened heart shouldn’t melt when he looks at me. I really shouldn’t be falling for him, either, but somehow, he manages to tear down my walls, and I’m scared…because once he learns my secrets, he’ll want nothing to do with me.

All I know is that Daniel makes me feel things that I have never felt before – but do I dare let down my walls and confide in him? 

Will I let him be my first kiss?

This is my story, and I’ll reveal everything in my own sweet time…

Just don’t expect all the hearts-and-flowers stuff.
Life is messy, and mine is no different…


INSPIRED BY TRUE EVENTS

***Due to possible ‘triggers’ and adult situations (yes, there is lots of sex in this book) it is not recommended to persons under the age of 18.



4 Stars

Emma is running from her past.  She has demons in her closet that can destroy her future if she doesn't get help.  But when she runs in Daniel, that all changes.  Her life takes a different direction and she starts to see the silver lining.  Maybe, just maybe she can have it all.  Maybe she can be happy.  Just maybe her nightmares won't consume her whole.

Daniel is a geek.  He needs Emma to tutor him in English.  What he doesn't bargain for is the tutoring in how to please a girl 101.  He's new to it all.  But with Emma its different, she makes him feel great about himself.  Together they are strong and can push anything away.  Emma isn't the only one hiding her past.  Daniel has skeleton's too.  

I love the story between Daniel and Emma.  It was great seeing Emma open up and accept herself and Daniel.  She knew he'd never hurt her, but she just couldn't let go.  I will admit at first I thought Daniel was creepy and Emma was a whore.  But then I realized he didn't know how to interact with people, learning about his past explained that to me.  He went from creeper to #DirtyDaniel in a few pages!  I'm down with that!  Emma grew too.  I realize she had a need and was fullfilling that, but I was more worried about her mental state.  

Karen Ferry has several plots going in this book.  But they are all handled very well and it's not overwhelming!  There is also plenty of sex in this book - YEAH!  Because frankly some times there is hype and nothing happens, not this book.  You've been warned!!  In a good way!

No comments:

Post a Comment