Monday, February 29, 2016

Beautiful Wreck - Book Review

I picked this book up after reading Outlander.  It was recommended as a similar to kind of deal.  Yes it's similar, but yet different in many ways.  There is time travel, but that is about it.




Blurb

In a bleak future built on virtual reality, Ginn is a romantic who yearns for something real. She designs environments for people who play at being Vikings. But when her project goes awry, she’s stranded in the actual 10th century, on a storybook farm in Viking Iceland.

Heirik is the young leader of his family, honored by the men and women who live on his land. But he is feared and isolated because of a terrible curse. Ginn and Heirik are two people who never thought they would find a home in someone else’s heart.

When forces rise against them to keep them apart, Ginn is called on to decide—will she give up the brutal and beautiful reality of the past? Or will she have the courage to traverse time and become more of a Viking than she ever imagined?


3.5 Stars

I really liked this book.  But I will admit it was a slow romance.  Only because they were 
fighting against each other and other people were fighting them.

Jen works in a sim tank.  She loves the Viking tank.  But one day, something
happens and she is transported hundreds of years ago to a real
Viking village.  She is familiar with their ways, but is lonely.
Heirik, is chief to the clan, but he is distant to everyone, due to his curse.
Is it really a curse?

Ginn, as they call her learns him, challenges him and his curse and wants him.
But can Heirik over come years of loneliness on his part to accept
Ginn in to his heart and life?  

I rooted for them from the beginning and then when his brother returns, I was 
worried!  NO!!  This is a slow book.  The love grows and it seems one sided
but it's not.   Heirik is just used to being alone.  He has never touched
a woman, other than his mother.  Ginn is a gift to him from Saga.  
But will he accept that gift?

There are parts that I skimmed, because I was tired of reading them.  I didn't give a shit
about daily life and what blah blah blah was doing, I wanted more Ginn and Heirik!
Where's the beef?   I wanted more interaction between them.  
I understand that he felt cursed, I get that.  
But love does overcome everything!
This story is proof!


No comments:

Post a Comment