Friday, January 29, 2016

Dirty - Book Review



Blurb

Three. This is my number. It’s the exact sum of reasons I continue to go on.


One: To strengthen my body. Make it strong. Make it a machine. Make it so that what happened before can never, ever, happen again.


Two: To help others find their own strength so that what happened to me, what happened to my Olivia, doesn’t happen to them.


And three: My favorite—to find the bastards that took my life away and make them pay for what they did.


This is what my life is now. A dead man, inside a scarred body, living only for revenge.


*THIS IS ALL FIVE PARTS OF THE DIRTY SERIAL, BUNDLED INTO ONE BOOK. 
Includes:
Getting Dirty (Dirty 1)
Playing Dirty (Dirty 2)
Talking Dirty (Dirty 3)
Fighting Dirty (Dirty 4)
Staying Dirty (Dirty 5)


**DUE TO STRONG SEXUAL SITUATIONS AND ACTS OF VIOLENCE, THIS SERIES IS RECOMMENDED FOR READERS 18+ ONLY.


2 stars

I didn't hate this book, I would never hate a book.  I just couldn't connect.  I felt like an outsider who moved on long before everyone else.

Link lost the love of his life Olivia in one night and he'll never forget until he gets his vengeance. 

Rocky is hiding from her past. She controls what she can and what she can't she runs away from.

But when Link and Rocky collide its like two fucked up magnets. They both have spotty pasts, but need a FWB to forget with. Only someone can't leave it go at FWB, they want more. Link isn't able to do that, little by little Rocky chips away at him, leaving her mark on his heart.

Ok, sounds good right? And it is, but Link and Rocky don't grow. They are still stuck in the rut of their pasts. Especially Link. Christ, hang it up! I couldn't connect with either one, I felt no pain/sympathy for them either. Just sadness/pity, which they obviously didn't want/need. Revenge is never the answer. Link would have unloaded his truth to me and offered me my revenge I wouldn't be sleeping with him? PSYCHO! Run, run for the hills damaged girl! RUN!!

At the first half of the book I could tolerate Rocky, she was trying she was living. Crazy living, but still living. When she got tangled up with Link, it was like she excused his psycho ways because she had needs too. 

The ending, I guess they got their happy ending. Disturbing, but they got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment