Friday, January 8, 2016

18 - Book Review



Blurb


Eighteen is hard.
And so is Mateo Alesci.
He’s hard to read, hard to predict, hard in every way that counts. He wants things from me.
Dirty things, nasty things, forbidden things.
And I have to give in.
His attention is completely inappropriate, but I can’t say no. The way he looks at me… the way he watches me through my bedroom window… the way he drags me deeper and deeper into his completely forbidden fantasy world just… turns me on. 
He knows it turns me on.
He holds all the power. He holds all the cards.
He holds my entire future in his hands.
And I have to give in.
Because Mr. Alesci is my teacher.
And I need everything he’s offering.


4 Stars


Mateo is HOT!  I want to learn Trig from him.  I'll do whatever he wants with a lot less grief!!  Holy shit!

18 sucks, we all know that.  But for Shannon it really sucks.  Her sister OD, leaving Shannon with her abusive brother-in-law and their baby, Olivia.  Then she has to make up school work in order to graduate and she can't even take the courses at school, she needs to go to a college to do it.  Christ, can she just get a break?  And then she meets Mateo Alecsi, her trig teacher.  He is HOT.  Did you get that HOT.  

Things between Mateo and Shannon heat up and so do the things at home between her and Jason, but in the opposite of ways.  Shannon goes to friend's house, meets up with Sunday, Danny Alexander, who takes her under his wing.  There is split second here where I want her to say, screw you Alesci, I'm going with Danny.  Danny treats her better and cares for her, while Mateo continues to lie.  But I understand why he does it.  I get it.  Do I agree with it?  No.  But I get it.  

My Mateo - HOT


Shannon finishes school and her brother in law is lying to her.  Along with everyone else.  Sunday, tries to help her, but gets her into more trouble.  But can Mateo help?  Can he truly help her?  Love her?  And let her be the person she is?

My Shannon -

I will admit, I was skeeved out on the 18/28 age difference.  Because student/teacher relationships are taboo. I would have preferred her to be older, and I imagined her as at least 19 to make it better.  But the dirty things that Mateo does, are so just dirty and right.  I don't think it would have mattered what age she was, it would have been so dirty/good!  Mateo had a soft side and a dark side, like the moon.  You never knew who was going to appear.  One day he would be kind and romantic and then next demanding.  Almost like a see saw with his emotions, but one thing he kept true, was his love for Shannon.  That never waivered or came into question, they both know.  Not matter how it would have ended they would know, Mateo <3's Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment