Tuesday, December 15, 2015

His for Christmas - Book Review




Blurb

I stand very still, holding a pen I shouldn’t be touching, in the office of a man I’ve never met. The man who’s standing behind me now. The man who has his hand on my hip.

He’s my new boss.

I could fight him, but then he might ask questions. He might find out about my criminal record, the one I didn’t mention on the job application. So I let him make me come, but he wants more. He needs more, and for some reason I want to give it.

But if he finds out about my lie, I’ll be out on the streets—or back in jail.

3 Stars

Angel is fresh from jail and needs a job.  She applies at a temp agency for a secretarial job.  It lasts for two weeks and then she'll have to search all over again.  But with her jail time in her past it will make it hard.  

On the first day Angel meets Mr. Thompson, her boss, who mistakes her for someone else.  She doesn't correct him or stop him.  They both needed this.

When he finds out who she is, he wants to correct the problem.  But Angel makes sure he knows, she enjoyed it too and goes about her work.  They both have pasts that haunt them.

Yes, this is a novella, but I felt like the ending was rushed.  They had chemistry but not enough for me to believe the ending.    A little more flushing out and then I would have loved the story.  It was hot and a quick read.  If you need an airport lay over read, grab this one.  You won't be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment