In Flight - Book Review

Someone on Facebook asked their followers to list their favorite erotic books.  So me being me, I followed the thread.  I picked up quit a few books, this being one of them.  I'm so happy I did.  That being say, I did read the bad reviews before the good reviews before purchasing the book.  Someone said that James is a mirror image of Christian and Gideon.  Now after reading the book, the only thing they have in common is spanking and money.  Otherwise nope.  Yes, the men are high handed and bossy, but that goes along with spanking.  You can't group them all together.  James is more of the master I would want, over Christian(who annoyed me) or Gideon(who ruled me).  Why?  Because she mattered to him from the beginning.  Bee was it for him as soon as he saw her.  And he doesn't just spank and restrain, he is also gentle and loving.

I'm just glad I'm not a guy who read this book, Christ, I wouldn't have been able to walk after reading some of the stuff in here.  But then again, maybe I would have gotten some good ideas too.

Ok, on to the book review!!



Blurb:

When reserved flight attendant Bianca gets one look at billionaire hotel owner James Cavendish, she loses all of her hard-won composure. For a girl who can easily juggle a tray of champagne flutes at 35,000 feet in three inch heels, she finds herself shockingly weak-kneed from their first encounter. The normally unruffled Bianca can't seem to look away from his electrifying turquoise gaze. They hold a challenge, and a promise, that she finds impossible to resist, and she is a girl who is used to saying no and meaning it. 

Bianca is accustomed to dealing with supermodels and movie stars in her job as a first class flight attendant, but James Cavendish puts them all to shame in the looks department. If only it were just his looks that she found so irresistible about the intimidating man, Bianca could have ignored his attentions. But what tempts her like never before is the dominant pull he seems to have over her from the moment they meet, and the promise of pleasure, and pain, that she reads in his eyes.



4 Stars

 Bianca has a troubled past, she is trying to grow up and move on, but it's hard when the shadows keep moving in.  Stephan, her best friend and only family, work together and he keeps her safe.  He'll always be there for her.  It's at her job, as a fight attendant that she meets James and the sparkler ignites.   From that one meeting, there is a whirlwind of words that tangle Bianca into agreeing to seeing him outside of work.

What I like about Bianca is that she thinks things thru.  Ok, this only lasts for awhile, I'm fine with that.  She is careful, because she's been hurt before, so she guards her heart.  But she gives her love to James freely, because she trusts him.  Not 100%, she only trusts Stephan that much, but she trusts James enough to allow him and to love her.



James is dark, mysterious, and fierce in his pursuit of Bianca, who thinks this is going to be a week or month long fling.  She's mentally prepared herself for that, but what about her heart?  Could her heart with stand only a short amount of time with James?



James and Bianca both have troubled pasts.  But unlike other BDSM Billionaire's, he's willing to share his story with Bianca, in a trade of information.  He tells her something, she tells him.  It's only fair.  The sex scenes between them are powerful and not over drawn, they are realistic and extreme.  He's tender with her, guiding her, but in the same breathe he is an animal raging against her.  The chemistry between them is overpowering and overwhelming.  But in a good way.

 Over all a great read.  I would push this book over some of the other books similar to this. I'm ready to read book #2.  Can't wait!  I need to see what happens, I was left hanging at the end of book #1!  Cliff hanger!!  But it's okay, I actually want to know what is going to happen to James and Bianca.


Comments