Countdown to Killing Kurtis - Book Review!!



Blurb:

I do love my husband. To death. I love him so much that I've waited a whole year (minus one day) for Killing Kurtis Day to arrive. Tomorrow it will finally be here and I'm giddy with anticipation. 

Don’t judge me, you don’t know the whole story. I reckon if you were in my shoes, you’d kill your husband, too.

**Readers 18+ due to adult content and situations**


4  Stars

The blurb doesn't give you much.  But enough to give you the gist of the book.  I'm going to try and do this without spoilers.  

If you read Lauren Rowe's trilogy The Club, take a step back, this is NOTHING like The Club.  There is no Jonas.  There is a Wesley.  But not the same.

Let's start at the beginning.  Charlene lives in a trailer park in Texas with her momma and daddy.  She is a daddy's girl.  She lives and breathes by what her daddy, Charlie tells her.  Then one day, daddy goes on a business venture to California and she never see's him again.  However, Momma moves on with her life and this upset Charlene.   Some unfortunate or fortunate choices on Charlene's part has her ending up in Hollywood, but not before she meets Wesley.  In Hollywood, she changes her name to Buttercup, meets Kurtis, a movie producer, just not the kind she is hoping to find.  At this point her mind starts working again and Charlene knows what she needs and who she needs to get the job done.  


There were times I wanted to smack Charlene for being so dumb, but then I realized, she is the worlds greatest actress.  The best, give that girl an award for her stand up performance.  She is always on and a natural.  No one can surpass her.  She was born and breed to act.  God surely did give this girl a talent.  But one day Karma will be around to collect for all that has been handed to her.  

I liked how everything inner twined and the story came full circle.  It was full of surprises and shocks, especially at the end.  I didn't see it coming, because I underestimated Charlene in every way possible, just like everyone else.  Bravo Buttercup!  Bravo!!

Comments