Children of The Mark - Book Review



Blurb:

AJ Scott is a typical teenager. The only thing he wants to do is survive high school. Clair Anderson and Dougie Edwards have been his friends since the third grade. The teens stumble across a bizarre ritual and their night of adventure quickly turns to panic as they witness the culmination of the Cult of the Elder’s attempt to pull a monstrous deity from the netherworld into our world. A hasty escape leaves the teens terrified and AJ marred from the event. His newfound malady proves to be much more than a simple mark and the trio are pulled into a world of deceit, monsters, and old fashioned horror.


4Stars - 

I've read for Mr. Garza before and LOVE his books. Anything having to do with a cult and the Elder's freak me out! I love it! 

This a great YA book, not to gory, not to overly flashy. Just enough to let your imagination run wild! This is a story about 3 school friends who venture into a warehouse and stumble upon a cult. Something happens to AJ and he can now see things the other can't. When the cult becomes involved with AJ's family, things start to get sticky. They need to take care of this, quickly and quietly.


Could this be the end for AJ? What about Claire and Dougie? Will they survive the cult?

I like the flow of this book, yes there were slow parts - to much talking between the 3 characters about what they were going to do next. But it didn't take away from the story. I read this book in two days, because I'd get freaked out, have to put it down, but it kept whispering my name to pick it up and read more. I did! I couldn't leave it alone, I needed to know what was going to happen.

I would think this book is for a high school kid or older. There aren't bad horrible language, just some freaky stuff going on! Obviously adults enjoy it too. 




Comments