Storm - Book Review

Somewhere on FaceBook I saw a post on this book asking if anyone had read it yet.  I clicked the link, like a good little follower that I am, read the blurb and immediately one clicked the buy button.  Shhh, you know you do it too!!  Can I just say, I'm glad I did.  I finished this book in one day, yes 1 day.  I couldn't put it down.  I was hooked, like a junkie and I loved it.   Look at the sexy beast on the cover of this book, that alone should make your panties drop!

On that note, I will say the sex in this book is near the 75% mark, but the foreplay building up to the sex is worth it.




Blurb:

The calm before the storm…

I lived in the quiet stillness. 
I felt the wind rustle, warning me, telling me to get out of its path.

But I didn’t.
I never stood a chance.

A series of weather and road mishaps leaves me trapped in the middle of a blizzard with a complete stranger. In the back of a pickup truck. For forty-eight freakin’ hours.

A stranger with long hair, tattoos, and rippling with muscle. 

A stranger with an insanely sexy voice and a wicked smile that turned my insides to jelly. 

A stranger who held me in his arms, calmed me, and then set a fire in me that I couldn’t put out.

Storm lives up to his name. Beautiful. Dangerously inviting. Tumultuous. Dark. A clash of hot and cold.

He’s used to getting everything he wants.

And now he wants me.

Some people chase storms for the beautiful thrill. What happens when the storm chases you?

4.5 Stars

Evelyn is traveling for work, a snow storm is brewing and next thing she knows her car is sliding off the road and down over a bank.  Luckily for her the local Sasquatch is friendly and offers to give her a lift.  The Sasquatch in question turns out to be a man named Storm.  A twist of fate sends his truck into a tail spin and his truck is now crashed.  Two for two.   YIKES!  While they wait for help, the talk, they listen and they learn about each other.



You soon realize that Evelyn can be childish, if not rude.  But I get it, she is just protecting herself She has too, it's not like anyone else is looking out after her.  As the storm dies down, they catch a ride to Storms 'cabin'.  The thermostat isn't the only thing that turns up at the cabin.  Days pass, but Storm can't get Evelyn out of his mind.  He calls, texts, drops by to see her, knowing full well that she has a boyfriend, Mike.  Who is a dick.

Can a romance between Storm and Evelyn work out?  Can she take the final step and just go with it?  See where life takes you?  Or will she stay safe and not risk her heart to Storm?  They both have a lot to lose.


Like I said before Evelyn was a little standoffish at the beginning, but after reading more about her, I understood.  Storm could be a dick too, but he had his reasons.  Reason's that Evelyn didn't know at the time.  They were both protecting themselves from being hurt.



Ms. Cole wrote a spectacular book, with characters that are flawed and have hang ups and passion just like us.  I really could connect and feel Evelyn's pain in her current relationship with Michael.  It was tangible and horrible, but I get why she stayed.  I do.  Was it the right reason to stay?  No, but Evelyn figured it out when she listened to her heart instead of her brain.  Jump Evelyn, jump.  Storm is there to catch you.

Comments