Thursday, March 19, 2015

Dissident - Book review


Not long ago I had an author approach me to read her book.  She was taking a chance, because I don't read political books.  But, this book is much more than Political.  It's also a thriller and a romance.  I'm glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and read Dissident.  Cecilia London, this is definitely a great start to the series and I look forward to reading the next books!!

4 Stars

The prologue of this book draws you into the story.  You meet Jack and Caroline who are trying to make it to Canada.  But why?  What has happened that they are running?

My Jack - 



Jack and Caroline work in DC, she is liberal and he is a Republican trying to change the world.  Caroline makes a harsh criticism against Jack and immediately regrets it.  After a party, an explination, and a bottle of wine, they become fast friends.  Friends usually leads to more and the story between Jack and Caroline is no different.  You read the memories of how they met, laced with flashes of the future and Caroline in the hospital recovering. 

My Caroline - 

The love between Jack and Caroline is amazing and surreal.  They match like peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and chocolate.  They have a nice mix.  Caroline keeps Jack on his toes with her wit and intelligence.  Jack is a Casanova, with roguish good looks and money to back him up.   They are a perfect match, but when a future prospect comes into focus could this be enough to untangle them? 

This is a well written book.  I had a hard time putting it down, because I loved how Jack and Caroline interacted.  The sex was good too.  Caroline wasn’t a prude and she wasn’t afraid to admit it to Jack – bravo!!  I’m anxious to read book #2, I want to know more.  Why were they on the run?  What happened to America?  

No comments:

Post a Comment