Sunday, January 18, 2015

Thoughtless book review

After much cajoling from my girlfriend to read Thoughtless, I finally picked it up and read it.  Did I like it?  Yeah.  Did I hate it?  Yeah.  Some parts I loved and others I was mad.  Like any good book I had a different range of emotions to go with it.  I'm not a big fan of Love Triangles - shame on me, I know!  Especially when cheating is involved and lying.  It causes to many problems and you have to remember your lies.




Blurb:

For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source – a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.

3.5 Stars

Keira and Denny are college sweethearts. He is from Australia, transplanted to the states and meets Keira, but this story isn't just about Keira and Denny, it's about Keira and Denny, and Keira and Kellan. Denny gets an prized inter ship out in Seattle, WA. (what is up with Washington?) Keira dutifully follows him. They move in with Denny's friend, Kellan, a local bar rocker. It doesn't take long to realize that Kellan has feelings for Keira and vice versa. When Denny's life seems to be going stellar, the floor drops out from under him when is sent to set up another office, but Keira cries about being apart from him. 
My Keira:



Long story short, Keira plays both Denny and Kellan. She loves Denny because he is her safety net, he is secure, but she loves Kellan because he is everything Denny isn't. But is that enough? Is that enough for Keira to leave Denny for Kellan? I did cry at the end of this book. And I wanted to punch Keira. I'm not a fan of cheating, it creates to much angst and guilt, which it obviously did in this book. If you're not happy leave. 

My Denny:


I disliked Keira through most of the book. She was wishy washy with everything and strung both men along. I wanted Kellan to leave her, but for purely selfish reason. :-) I felt like she needed to grow up, she was away from her parents for the first time, at college, and needed to start acting like an adult. And in some respects she did, but in some she was very childish. Kellan and Denny? I liked them both. At first I didn't like Denny because I felt like he pressured Keira into moving with him, but that wasn't the case. She chose to move because she was afraid to be without him. 

My Kellan:


This is a 3.5 stars for me. I liked it, but there could have been so much more. I think I'm just old and jaded. Will I read book #2 Effortless? Yes. Only because I hope like hell that Keira grows up and that Kellan finally realizes he is worth a lot more!!




No comments:

Post a Comment